Not to harp on the weather once again but I am so excited that it will be mild the whole weekend. It should be enough to melt a lot of the snow we have piled up high everywhere.
Anyway, on to more important things, the weekend is here! Some of the things that caught my eye this week and may be worth checking out are:
- This upcoming exhibit at St. John’s Divine from Chinese artist, Xu Bing, should be mind blowing. I highly recommend reading this article that appeared in the New York Times last Sunday. We saw the same installation at Mass MoCA last summer. As you can see from the photos I took below, these two gigantesque phoenix birds are true labor of love with their amazingly intricate details.
- For fellow bloggers, I saw this post on Babyccino on how we now can print blog posts and turn them into a book. It is a wonderful option for lifestyle bloggers to preserve memories in print vs. cyberspace.
- Check out more Brick Building Workshops at the Morris Museum and check out Nathan Sawaya’s exhibit at the same time.
- Create your own sculpture masterpieces using tires at Grounds for Sculpture.
- Go to the Big Apple Circus in Branchburg.
- Bring your kids to Intrepid Kids Week for lots of hands-on activities and workshops.
- Check out some Beatle-mania at the New York Public Library.
- Go see the first-time exhibition of the expansive street art collection (including some Keith Haring) of the late Martin Wong at the Museum of the City of New York.
Have a great weekend! See you on Monday!