There’s a lot of excitement around the greater NY area, especially in NJ where the Super Bowl will be taking place. Apart from the Super Bowl, there’s the Chinese/Lunar New Year also taking place this weekend. Mother Nature also decided to cooperate as the temps would be a bit milder on Saturday and Sunday (in the 40s and no snow).
Here’s a look at some of the things worth checking out this weekend.
- I have seen this family’s home in several decor mags and I just LOVE how family-friendly and sophisticated it is.
- This wonderful rustic mid-century retreat in Palm Springs, CA makes me want to hop on the next plane and escape my winter blues.
- This inspirational blog post about finding purpose in life is worth a quick read.
- Montclair Big Game Festival 2014 – On Feb. 1, Montclair will host a bunch of festivities for kids and adults to get ready for the big game on Sunday.
- Chinese New Year celebration at the Newark Museum – Live traditional dance and martial arts will be part of the museum’s observance of this holiday.
- Illuminated in Brooklyn Botanic Garden – A fun day with plenty of glow-in-the-dark activities for 9-14 year olds in the garden. Great for those who want reprieve from all the Super Bowl madness going on right now.
- The Little Prince (Petit Prince) at the Morgan Library – This is the first in-depth look at the creation of this children’s classic, Antoine de Saint-Exupery’s Little Prince.
- Inn at Pound Ridge – Jean Georges Vongerichten’s new restaurant in Westchester is definitely worth checking out. The restaurant’s focus is more on classic American cuisine with definite farm-to-table focus.
Have a great weekend! See you here next week!