I am loving the niche magazine, Kinfolk, right now and especially this feature on this very bohemian California family. I think in my heart of hearts I have always wanted to be a hippie and this home just exudes a lot of that boho chic that I just find delightful. I also find what this family says about their home is something to live by, “Our house is small but well-designed, enough space for everything we need and no space for anything more than that.”
Images via here
The other decor magazine that I love and plan to spend some time perusing through this weekend is Lonny Magazine , which was just re-launched yesterday. Have you seen it yet?
Okay , and now, for some fun links for this weekend in the Northern New Jersey and New York area.
- Montclair Film Festival – I am planning to check this out this weekend with Chiara. What a great way to check out some independent and foreign movies locally the next few days.
- Plant Sale at Freylinghuysen Arboretum – Looking for a way to make your garden and yard prettier? Plant Advisors will be on hand to answer questions.
- With the weather forecast sounding good for Saturday, why not go Birding by Bicycle at Duke Farms?
- Looking for design ideas? Check out Mansion in May where you get to see how different designers decorate various rooms and gardens at this estate.
- Go to Central Park’s Belvedere Castle and learn more about the winged creatures that live in the park’s environs.
- Why not check out this workshop, May the Fourth be with You, at the Guggenheim Museum?
- Or perhaps you’d want to go see a play with your family at the New York Children’s Festival.
Have a great weekend! See you here next week!