Things To Do This Weekend – TGIF Series
I cannot believe how fast time is passing by. During this time of the year, everything just gets accelerated and we all find ourselves rushing from one event to another. It also does not help that Thanksgiving is so late this year. As soon as we are done with Thanksgiving, we need to get ready for Christmas. It is even worse for our Jewish friends who will celebrate Hanukkah the same day as Thanksgiving.
And yet, it is Friday. Time to breathe and enjoy the weekend a bit. Here are some things that hopefully will get you into that holiday mood. I also included a couple of things that are not holiday-related in case you already OD’d on the season ahead…
- New York Botanical Garden Train Show – Fun exhibit for kids and adults alike. This is a pretty ornate train show that features model trains with New York City landmarks.
- René Magritte at the MOMA – I have been wanting to see this exhibit, which runs until January 12th. The exhibit showcases 80 of the Surrealist master’s great works.
- Donald Judd House Tour at 101 Spring Street – Another one that I have been dying to do. If you don’t have the time to go to Marfa, this visit allows us to get a peek at the historically preserved residence of Judd, a true modern minimalist artist.
- TurtleBack Zoo’s Holiday Lights – Starts from 5 to 9PM. This visit will delight kids as they see the zoo illuminated by holiday lights and holiday displays.
- Host with the Most: Children Etiquette Workshop – On Saturday, 11/23 from 10-12, Montclair Art Museum will present a workshop from children ages 8 & up that will show modern-day manners. There are only 12 tickets left so call 973-259-5137. How timely for the holdays!
- Speaking of Manners – Check out Modern Manners: Tools to Take You to the Top by Liv Tyler – Liv wrote this book with her grandma, Dorothea Johnson, who is the founder of the Protocol School in Washington DC and an etiquette expert. A modern day Emily Post that will help people handle social dilemmas from rude cell phone users to email etiquette.
Have a great weekend, friends! See you here next week.