How was your week? Doesn’t it just feel that every week seems to go faster? I’ve been trying to enjoy the nicer weather that we are having, trying to revel in the calm before the storm of end-of-schoolyear activities and festivities. Three weeks of relative calm before the madness starts all over again. Sigh.
Without further ado, here are some things that caught my eye this week:
- This lovely Hamptons cottage that makes me long for summer.
- If you are looking for new books for your children to read, check out this list.
- Check out this new R&B crooner from England. I swear the UK makes the best musicians across most genres.
- What’s better than seeing cherry blossoms in the spring? Essex County Branch Brook Park, which is said to have the greatest variety of cherry trees in the world, kicks off its cherry blossom festival this weekend.
- Join a group of aspiring writers in this workshop, Creative Writing in the Woods. Writers of all levels are welcome.
- This exhibit by New Jersey artists that depicts some of the state’s famous and iconic residents.
- For the week of April 14-21, the New York Botanical Garden will be hosting this culinary food festival for the whole family.
- Families get special VIP admission before the opening to the public at Whitney Museum’s Biennial Family Party.
- Looking for new art? Come visit the Affordable Art Fair this weekend. It’s a super-sized art gallery with various artists selling works raging from $100-$10,000.
That’s all, friends! Have a fantabulous weekend! See you here on Monday!