TGIF – It’s Almost Christmas
Wow, I cannot believe that the holidays are less than two weeks away! The weather here in the East Coast has been pretty glacial with freezing temps and a possibility of another snowstorm this weekend. The snow makes all the Christmas decorations in front of people’s houses look more Dickensian-like. Well, hopefully, we won’t get snowed in because there’s lots of things going on around town. Here are some of the ones that caught my eye…
- Brooklyn Artisan Holiday Market – This is one of the last weekends for the market, which sells mostly unique French artisanal goodies.
- Montclair Comic Book Show – On Sunday, December 15th, from 9-3pm, this event will showcase 15,000 copies of comics printed from the 1930s-90’s. Comic book writers and illustrators will be present to speak to the public. An auction of some of the comic books will take place at noon.
- If you are entertaining this season, you may find this article helpful in figuring out how much wine to get for your guests.
- New York Transit Museum Holiday Train Show at Grand Central NY – The show features a 34-foot long train display with all the famous NY landmarks. Kids can also participate in a scavenger hunt after viewing the display.
- The Art of Brick at Discovery Center, Times Square – The exhibit showcases Lego sculptures by artist Nathan Sawaya. This very popular exhibit will end on January 5th. Don’t miss it if your kids are really into Legos!
- 22nd Annual Gingerbread Wonderland at the Frelinghuysen Arboretum in NJ – This is the last weekend for the exhibit where over 200 intricately decorated gingerbread houses are on display.
Have a great weekend!