Friday Links and Giveaway Winner
I know I say this all the time but the days just seem to just fly. I don’t know if it’s the end-of-the-school year madness or what but I feel like I don’t have a moment to breathe and relax these days. Hopefully, the summer will slow down things quite a bit, allowing for lots of idle days full of simple pleasures — reading, relaxing and lounging by the beach.
We are busy this weekend with Ines’ recital but I thought I’d round up a few links of some of the goings-on in town. I hope that many of you will get to check out these events.
- Craft Fair and Massai Market – Held at St. Episcopal Church in Wayne, this fair hopes to raise money for AIDS orphans in Kenya.
- Birding by Bicycle at Duke Farms – The bicycle route will cover different habitats that should allow for sightings of different types of birds in the farm. Participants need to bring their own mountain bikes.
- Asbury Park Blues and Brews – Lots of entertainment, craft and food for everyone in the family.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden’s Sprout Fest – Music, crafts and storytelling at this event. All held outdoors, which is perfect with beautiful weather forecasted for this weekend.
- Butterfly Conservatory at the AMNH – Learn more about butterflies at this critically-acclaimed exhibit at the Natural History.
- NY Transit Museum’s Powering City Rails – Need I say more? Perfect for those budding engineers in your family.
- Museum Mile on June 10th – From 6-9PM, the public can visit for free participating Fifth Avenue museums.
- Making Lechon (Roast Pig) – Can’t help but include this feature in the NY Times that ran this week. One of my favorite guilt-laden Filipino dish.
Last, but not the least, the blog anniversary giveaway winner is Norma. Congratulations!!!
Have a good weekend! See you here next week!